Aldbury Parish Council

Welcome to the Aldbury Parish Council Website. The website aims to keep parishioners informed about the Council – who your Councillors are and the work the Council as a whole is doing.
The website also provides information about facilities within the parish which are managed by the Parish Council and details of who to contact with queries. If you have a question and can’t find the answer to it on this website, please contact the Clerk, Bridget Knight via or by telephone: 07960 605939
The parish of Aldbury in Hertfordshire consists of Aldbury village and the hamlet of Tring Station. The parish covers around 450 houses, 2 pubs, a shop with a post office, a school, church, garage and 3 community halls as well as Tring railway station.

What to do if………

In an emergency call 999 Call Floodline on 0845 9881188 for practical advice and access to flooding info for the area. Go to to sign up for free flood warnings Contact Thames Water for flooded sewers or if sewage has entered your property 0800 3169800 Contact the Environment Agency for flooded rivers 0800 807060 and Canal River Trust for flooded canals 0800 4799947 To report groundwater property flooding, flooding from the road or problems with highway gullies and ditches contact Herts CC on 0300 1234047 or
To report potholes and other highways faults go to Or you can call Herts Highways on 0300 1234047 You will be given a reference number which you can use to track the progress of the fault.
Visit the Dacorum Borough Council website for details of how to deal with fly tipping. Fly tipping can be reported to Dacorum via their online form.
The Planning Enforcement Department at Dacorum Borough Council will give you guidelines on the types of construction and development for which planning permission is needed and advice should you believe planning permission hasn't been given.
To find out whether there are any free allotments and the rental costs, please contact the Clerk, Bridget Knight on 07960 605393 or
Faulty streetlights should be reported to Herts CC Highways by clicking here, and choosing the 'Highway Fault Reporting' option.